TIMES Irish Trad Camp
A Five-day Immersion in Traditional Irish Music
Learning Irish music is much like learning a new language. The best way to learn is to saturate yourself in the language (music), listen and learn from native speakers (players), practice the fundamentals, interact with others who speak the language (play the music), and expand your vocabulary and phrases (tunes and variations).
At Irish Trad Camp
- Students, ages 18 and older, spend five days immersed in Irish music on their instruments.
- They are taught by a gifted instructor who is both a world-renowned musician and a respected player within the traditional Irish music community.
- Students learn the fundamentals but also gain a better understanding of the many nuances of Irish music as played on their particular instrument.
- When classes are over, it’s practice time, followed by more practice. There are evening sessions and “informances,” of course, but only for the students and their instructor to keep the focus where it needs to be without distractions.
- A number of great tunes are learned and shared with variations explored and options for ornamentation discussed.
Combined with a comfortable setting, other motivated people who want to learn well, and at an affordable price, TIMES Irish Trad Camp has all the makings of an extraordinary learning experience. In the end, you will be much farther along the path to Irish music fluency and mastery of your instrument.